Sunday, June 3, 2007

A-Z's of K-12

Apple Jacks or Captain Crunch with Crunch Berries? Um, where's the fruit loops option?

Band or choir? Band geek all the way - I played the flute.

Class ring? Only one I ever wore belonged to a boy.....

Ducks or Battleships? I guess Battleship even though I sucked at it and my brother won everytime.

Earning money? Started my first job at Souplantation the day after my 16th birthday.

Favorite teacher? Couldn't say - mostly the ones that inspired me only did so because I decided I could do a better job of it and that's why I decided to become a teacher.

Go back and do over? Some of it, yep!! For the most part glad it is all over.

Home Economics? I was a member of FHA. Guessed it yet? Future Homemakers of America. I never did show up for that yearbook picture though.

Indoor recess? P.E.? I have a bad knee and always managed to get that note that excused me from PE.

Jacks or jump rope? Cinderella dressed in yella went up stairs to kiss a fella. Jump rope ruled!

Kickball or dodge ball? Kickball - less likely to get hit by the ball there.

Lunchbox? If you consider a brown paper sack a lunchbox then, YES.

Musical? I was in the band and the one highschool musical we did do I was in the pit. It was a lame little musical called "Rock On"

Number of school districts? 2 - 1 for elementary school then we moved from Oregon to California and finished my school there.

Orange or apple? Granny Smith is my all time fave - now if you have a bit of caramel dip........

Playground equipment? Monkey bars.

Quiz team or debate team? Quiz team would have been more my speed but I don't know if my school offered either of them.

Spring break? Two other girls and I went to San Francisco for the weekend once when the highschool basketball team made State - was a great excuse to go have fun!!

Team sports? Kind of hard when you're in the marching band - but I did letter......in band.

Unfullfilled dream? I should have kissed my prom date!!

Valuable? I think education is.

Walk or bus? I walked the majority of the time. Only took the bus for my 7th grade year. Living close to the school is definitely better! Then I got a car and that was the end of that. Wait I never walked home in highschool I always found "some boy" to give me a ride home.

X Country or basketball? Did I mention the bad knee and band? My brother ran X Country but if I were to pick a favorite to watch it would be basketball - my 9 year old plays and he's got some great potential!

Year? 1991

ZZZs? I don't remember every falling asleep in class. The whole drooling phobia or the red mark on the forehead.....not something I ever wanted to try to live down.

Okay, anyone else want to play along?

2 comments:

Henny Penny said...

Another Granny Smith lover! Yay!

Nice blog! Welcome by mine any time!

Anonymous said...

Great answers, fellow band geek!