I had a birthday 2 days ago. Not a monumental one, nothing even to blog about really. However, that in itself has led me to the blog. I can remember some birthdays I have had in vivid detail. I know that when I turned 5 I had a birthday with all the party games: Pin the tail on the donkey, drop the clothes pin in the mason jar, musical chairs, all the fun you can have in ones backyard. When I was 10 I had a combined sleep over birthday party with my neighbor. It was at her house and it was a disaster. I went home at 3am but my mom didn't hear me knocking on the door so I had to go back. When I was 16 I didn't have a fantastic party or anything but the boy I liked came and picked me up and we had lunch - our first "real" date that was interrupted by a phone call that I got my first real job and they wanted me to come in that day. When I turned 18 I spent the day horseback riding with my on again off again boyfriend - we were currently off. And then the guy I had been dating a bit took me out but suddenly remembered he needed to get his car back home for his sister so we needed to swing by my house and get my car. Voila a surprise party was waiting. Many more birthdays passed that I can't recall but when I was 30 Stew was out of town and I had lunch with my neighbors and we had cake and then dinner at another friends with more cake. When Stew returned home after his business trip we went to Vegas. Six birthdays have come and gone since then. Not sure in 30 more years I'll remember any of them but I suppose I should be happy I keep having them.
1) What is your salad dressing of choice? Ranch - the occasional bleu cheese.
2) What is your favorite sit-down restaurant? Anyone without my kids? Haha just kidding - claim jumper. Can't wait for The cheesecake factory to make its appearance here.
3) What food could you eat for 2 weeks straight and not get sick of it? Peanut butter - as I probably eat it everyday anyways - pb crackers/pb toast. It's the breakfast of champions.
4) What are your pizza toppings of choice? pepperoni and pineapple
5) What would you like to put on your calendar today? 2004 and I would go back and make that phone call I never made.
6) How many televisions are in your house? Three - one in the family room, one in the kids hallway with the play station and then one that isn't even plugged in in our bedroom.
7) What color cell phone do you have? Black - but I really miss my pink one.
8) Are you right-handed or left-handed? right
9) Have you ever had anything removed from your body? No - unless you count the pieces of road that were stuck in my chin when I crashed on my bike once.
10) What is the last heavy item you lifted? I would guess boxes as I'm still not completely unpacked but I move boxes from place to place as needed.
11) Have you ever been knocked unconscious? Nope.
12) If it were possible, would you want to know the day you were going to die? Absolutely not.
13) If you could change your name, what would you change it to? I would change my last name. LOL JUST KIDDING! I don't know - I've had this one for long enough I've sort of gotten used to it.
14) Would you drink an entire bottle of hot sauce for $1000? I might entertain the idea but I doubt I could.
15) How many pairs of flip flops do you own? None - I really don't find them comfortable.
16) What’s your goal for the year? get all those boxes unpacked and my office organized. Organize the garage too.
17) Last person you talked to? My neighbor
18) Last person you hugged? My daughter.
19) Favorite Season? Spring
20) Favorite Holiday? Christmas
21) Favorite day of the week? Friday or Saturday
22) Favorite Month? March
23) First place you went this morning? The bowling alley - I had to prebowl since I'll be travelling to Utah on Wednesday.
24) What's the last movie you saw? Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory - the night before it was Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. In the theater it was Bedtime Stories.
25) Do you smile often? I think so.
26) Do you always answer your phone? I have caller ID - if it is a telemarketer I do not.
27) It's four in the morning and you get a text message, who is it? A wrong number because the guy who had this phone number before me didn't tell his friends he changed it. It's usually related to something I do NOT want to know about.
28) If you could change your eye color what would it be? Maybe green? I like my blue eyes though.
29) What flavor drink do you get at Sonic? Orange Creme Slushie.
30) Have you ever had a pet fish? Yes - many. In college we had 4 - John, Paul, George and Ringo - you'll never guess which one died first.
31) Favorite Christmas song? I don't know that I have a favorite - I love them all.
32) What's on your wish list for your birthday? I better get thinking about this one since I only have a few weeks. Lyposuction and a tummy tuck maybe? hahaha
33) Can you do push ups? Yes, as I demonstrated to my Webelos the other day - those 10 year old boys could NOT do them.
34) Can you do a chin up? That would be a no.
35) Does the future make you more nervous or excited? A bit of both.
36) Do you have any saved texts? I have a ton on my phone but not saved for any particular reason except I just haven't deleted them.
37) Ever been in a car wreck? Nothing where anyone has been injured.
38) Do you have an accent? No.
39) What is the last song to make you cry? I Can Only Imagine - but sung by Wynonna because that's who sang it when I heard it the first time.
40) Plans tonight? Taking the girl to Gymnastics - that's it.
41) Have you ever felt like you hit rock bottom? No, I don't think so.
42) Name 3 things you bought yesterday. Nothing, it was Sunday.
44) Current hate right now? I don't know that I hate anything. I dislike when people do NOT use their turn signals.
45) Met someone who changed your life? Yes - I think most people influence your life one way or the other - it's all part of life.
46) How did you bring in the New Year? At my mom's neighbors eating jambalaya mmmmmmmm.
47) What song represents you? I have no idea - I guess I don't have an anthem.
48) What were you doing at 12 AM last night? I was sleeping.
49) What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up? Wondering if the kids were up yet and if they took the dog out.
I have three children. Two boys - Jackson and Jared and one girl - Jordan. We lived in England when I began this blog but we have now returned to the US. I am a stay at home mom even with all three kids in school and I love it!