I love the ending to this one! I've seen it several times and every time the last 5 seconds just makes me tear up.
Utah Permit and Week 51 for Nathan
1 week ago
1 "You're So Vain" Carly Simon Jan 6, 13 & 20
2 "Superstition" Stevie Wonder Jan 27
3 "Crocodile Rock" Elton John Feb 3, 10, 17
4 "Killing Me Softly with His Song" Roberta Flack Feb 24 March 3, 10, 17 & 31
5 "Love Train" The O'Jays March 24 - knocked Roberta out for a week.
6 "The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia" Vicki Lawrence April 7, 14
7 "Tie a Yellow Ribbon 'Round the Ole Oak Tree" Dawn featuring Tony Orlando April 21, 28 May 5, 12
8 "You Are the Sunshine of My Life" Stevie Wonder May 19
9 "Frankenstein" The Edgar Winter Group May 26
10 "My Love" Paul McCartney and Wings June 2, 9, 16, 23
11 "Give Me Love (Give Me Peace on Earth)" George Harrison June 30th
12 "Will It Go Round in Circles" Billy Preston July 7, 14
13 "Bad, Bad Leroy Brown" Jim Croce July 21, 28
I just can't stop with 13 so the other songs for the year were:
"The Morning After" Maureen McGovern
"Touch Me in the Morning" Diana Ross
"Brother Louie" Stories
"Let's Get It On" Marvin Gaye
"Delta Dawn" Helen Reddy
"We're an American Band" Grand Funk
"Angie" The Rolling Stones
"Midnight Train to Georgia" Gladys Knight & the Pips
"Keep on Truckin' (Part 1)" Eddie Kendricks
"Photograph" Ringo Starr
"Top of the World" Carpenters
"The Most Beautiful Girl" Charlie Rich
"Time in a Bottle" Jim Croce
I forgot it was Thursday so this is what I came up with for a quick TT - 13 Boyfriends I Have Had.
1. John G. He was my boyfriend in the 1st grade. He brought me red licorice in his packed lunch even though he liked black. He also saved me a seat by the teacher at the lunch table.
2. Joe D. He was my boyfriend in the 5th grade. He broke up with me in a note saying I was immature - hmmm I was 10. I still have the note.
3. Brian T. 6th grade. I met him on the bus for our school trip to Expo 86 in Canada. He could raise one eyebrow - I spent hours perfecting this talent.
4. Shawn F. 8th grade. We sat next to each other in math and he was my neighbor. When I found out he smoked I broke up with him.
5. Dustin D. 8th grade. He gave me a pair of earrings for Christmas and I broke up with him - that's just way too much commitment.
6. Tyrone J. 9th grade. Let's just say my parents were a bit surprised at this pairing.
7. Joe Z. 9th grade. I still have friends that don't know that we went out. I was the "other woman" and I really didn't care. He was a senior and I didn't like his girlfriend so that's that.
8. Bryan C. 10th grade. We met at a church youth conference. I remember dancing with him to "Lady in Red" at one of the dances. He once told me that if he had a girlfriend that got fat he would break up with her. My mom ran in to him and his wife a few years ago and yep, you guessed it, they were both a bit on the heavy side. Karma I tell ya!
9. Todd M. Bryan's best friend. I think this was like the 90210 years - seriously I date you, you date my friend, I date your friend, we date again.
10. Mario C. 11th grade. The only boy I ever sent out on a mission. He went to Guatemala and the mail system there was not good. Once our letters started getting lost we quit writing. We did go out again after he came home. In fact I was at my parents during a college break looking for his sister's phone number to see when he would be home and my phone rang and it was him. One of those totally crazy moments.
11. Pete E. 11-12th grade. He was a Marine. I was 16. We finally broke up when I left for college. If I were to pick from the list which one of these would have been my "what if" he would be it.
12. Matt - the maintenance man. College. This was at the height of my flirting period. I actually yelled across the dorm courtyard to him to ask if he would open a jar of mayonnaise. He was from Kentucky and had a great drawl. He was 28 and I was 19 - that freaked me out so we ended it.
13. Stew - My hubby. He stalked me - I finally went out with him - the rest is history.
1. Hey There Delilah – Plain White T’s. Tom Higgenson met Delilah and in a “line” said he had written a song about her. I guess he felt bad because then he actually did write the song but it took him a year. They never actually dated.
2. Layla – Eric Clapton/Derek and the Dominoes. This song was written for Pattie Boyd – George Harrison’s wife – this song worked – as she then divorced George and married Eric.
3. Brandy (You’re a Fine Girl) – Looking Glass.
4. Mandy – Barry Manilow. When this song was first released in the UK it was also titled Brandy and it was a flop in the states. They reworked it and changed the girl’s name to Mandy and the rest is history.
5. Cecilia – Simon & Garfunkel. Possibly written about St. Cecilia the patron saint of music. I had a student named Cecilia and, of course, could not resist singing a bit of this song when I read her name on the roll the first day of class. She looked up and said “WHY DO ALL YOU TEACHERS KEEP SINGING THAT?”
6. Rosanna – Toto. This is about actress Rosanna Arquette. She was dating Toto keyboard player Steve Porcaro at the time, but Porcaro didn't write it. It was written by Toto leader David Paich. He decided to write it about Arquette when he saw how supportive she was of Porcaro. Arquette often came by the studio and brought the band food.
7. Amanda – Boston. This was their only #1 hit.
8. Oh Sherrie – Steve Perry of Journey fame. He wrote this about his real life girlfriend Sherrie.
9. Gloria – Laura Branigan. This was originally an Italian pop song.
10. Help Me, Rhonda – The Beach Boys.
11. Donna – Richie Valens. If you’ve seen La Bamba you know the story behind this song.
12. Veronica – Elvis Costello. He wrote this with Paul McCartney – it sort of has that Eleanor Rigby feel to it.
13. Ruby – The Kaiser Chiefs. They didn’t write this song about anybody – but they say if you know someone with the name – it’s written for them.
#14 is an added bonus because we can’t leave out Jenny (867-5309) – Tommy Tutone. This song is also not written about anybody – just something the song writer came up with sitting in his backyard.
Living in England we get a lot of American TV shows. The only downside is that the seasons are offset. So quite often we are several months behind or in some cases the season as ended in the states but is just starting here. Here are some of our favorites:
2. CSI: Miami
3. CSI: New York (are we seeing a trend here?)
5. ER – it’s been on forever and I’m going to see it through.
6. Criminal Minds – I watch this one alone because my husband insists he doesn’t need to get addicted to another show – he’s probably right.
7. Without a Trace – this is my backup when I don’t have anything else to watch. I don’t LOVE it but it’s alright.
8. Boston Legal – my husband likes this show – we were fans of The Practice and followed it over because James Spader used to be funny.
9. Numbers – aside from our obvious addiction to crime drama my husband has a degree in Math so he loves to point out the incorrect parts of this show.
10. Super Nanny – you think those little American kids are naughty? You should watch Jo in action with some of these British kids. (We get both the US and the UK show – we prefer Super Nanny in the UK.)
11. Heroes – I have the entire first season recorded but haven’t watched any of them. I’ll get around to it someday I’m sure.
12. Desperate Housewives – I really tried NOT to watch this one but during the peak of my husbands Runescape addiction I had to find something else to occupy my time.
13. Hannah Montana – yes I have a 5 year old and she loves Hannah Montana.
And yes, I know we only watch American television but what can I say? I do enjoy Rosemary and Thyme but I just catch that one every now and then.