Sunday, September 2, 2007

Sunday Story

While teaching Primary today - kid's church - we were talking about service. I ask the kids what kind of service they can give and this is what I got:

-I can be nice to my mom by not eating her special yogurts. My mom has special yogurts that are only for her because she is having a baby.

-I can sit very still while my mom picks the nits out of my hair - that way I won't have to get it cut short again.

-I can bake a cake and maybe give someone a piece.

I love teaching the kids because you just never know what they are going to say. And if you aren't quite ready to announce your pregnancy do NOT tell your 5 year old. LOL

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am praying that my son's Kindergarten teaching only believes 1/2 of what my son will certainly tell her - I'm in SUCH trouble :0 ps/watch out for those nitty nits.

Robin said...

Too funny. Why is it that children only seem to repeat what we don't want them to?

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

Ha ha ha! The nursery leaders in our old ward were usually the first to find out about new babies on the way.

Emma in Canada said...

Kids really do say the most amazing things! Though I flet quite sorry for the one with lice.

Kat said...

LOL It's not just the kids.
Today my Bishop asked one of my friends when her due date was.
Man if looks could kill. We all had no clue. And she hadn't planned on telling anyone for a while.LOL

Nicole said...

Too cute! :)

Gerb said...

My favorite sharing time, ever:

(Primary Pres. drops a pen to show the law of gravity, then asks): Who can tell me why the pen fell on the floor?

Child #1: Because you dropped it?

Primary Pres.: Yes, that's true, but that's not the answer I'm looking for. It's a law of nature.
Anyone?

Child #2: Because pens can't fly?

She finally gave up.

Anna Maria Junus said...

Too funny and I can relate to the one about the nits. Unfortuneatly.

And Gerb had a funny story too.

Okay, the song that is currently playing on your website just told me that I'm making her sick.