I forgot it was Thursday so this is what I came up with for a quick TT - 13 Boyfriends I Have Had.
1. John G. He was my boyfriend in the 1st grade. He brought me red licorice in his packed lunch even though he liked black. He also saved me a seat by the teacher at the lunch table.
2. Joe D. He was my boyfriend in the 5th grade. He broke up with me in a note saying I was immature - hmmm I was 10. I still have the note.
3. Brian T. 6th grade. I met him on the bus for our school trip to Expo 86 in Canada. He could raise one eyebrow - I spent hours perfecting this talent.
4. Shawn F. 8th grade. We sat next to each other in math and he was my neighbor. When I found out he smoked I broke up with him.
5. Dustin D. 8th grade. He gave me a pair of earrings for Christmas and I broke up with him - that's just way too much commitment.
6. Tyrone J. 9th grade. Let's just say my parents were a bit surprised at this pairing.
7. Joe Z. 9th grade. I still have friends that don't know that we went out. I was the "other woman" and I really didn't care. He was a senior and I didn't like his girlfriend so that's that.
8. Bryan C. 10th grade. We met at a church youth conference. I remember dancing with him to "Lady in Red" at one of the dances. He once told me that if he had a girlfriend that got fat he would break up with her. My mom ran in to him and his wife a few years ago and yep, you guessed it, they were both a bit on the heavy side. Karma I tell ya!
9. Todd M. Bryan's best friend. I think this was like the 90210 years - seriously I date you, you date my friend, I date your friend, we date again.
10. Mario C. 11th grade. The only boy I ever sent out on a mission. He went to Guatemala and the mail system there was not good. Once our letters started getting lost we quit writing. We did go out again after he came home. In fact I was at my parents during a college break looking for his sister's phone number to see when he would be home and my phone rang and it was him. One of those totally crazy moments.
11. Pete E. 11-12th grade. He was a Marine. I was 16. We finally broke up when I left for college. If I were to pick from the list which one of these would have been my "what if" he would be it.
12. Matt - the maintenance man. College. This was at the height of my flirting period. I actually yelled across the dorm courtyard to him to ask if he would open a jar of mayonnaise. He was from Kentucky and had a great drawl. He was 28 and I was 19 - that freaked me out so we ended it.
13. Stew - My hubby. He stalked me - I finally went out with him - the rest is history.
Strawberry, Chicken and Avocado in Won Ton Cups
23 hours ago