1 day ago
1. Went to kindergarten -my mom just wasn't ready for me to go to school. Essentially I was homeschooled and went straight to first grade the next year.
2. Went in to labor alone - I was induced all 3 times - 10 days over, 10 days under, and the last one right on the day.
3. Had a baby under 8lb 4oz - 2 were 8lb 4oz and the last was 8 1/2.
4. Been to New York
5. Been to Disneyworld
6. Been east of Illinois - okay so this is the reason for the last two - better stop now.
7. Had braces - my parents lucked out and neither my brother or myself needed them.
8. Waxed my legs - I can't be patient enough to let those little hairs grow out enough to be waxed.
9. Taken a cruise - but this is on my list of things I want to do.
10. Met my nephews brother. He's 8 but we've managed to never cross paths.
11. Called my mother in law by ANYTHING – even her real name. Somehow she usually figures out I'm talking to her though.
12. Weighed as much as I do now without being pregnant.
13. Smoked a cigarette
There is pretty much ONE radio station where I live so I have to have all sorts of music on my Ipod. This way I can satisify whatever musical mood I'm in.
1. (Who Says) You Can't Have it All - Alan Jackson
2. ...Baby One More Time - Britney Spears
3. 2112 - Rush
4. 99 - Toto
5. A Bad Goodbye - Clint Black with Wynona Judd
6. A Better Man - Clint Black
7. A Change Would Do You Good - Sheryl Crow
8. A Face in the Crowd - Tom Petty
9. A Fire I Can't Put Out - George Strait
10. A Friend in California - Merle Haggard
11. A Hard Day's Night - The Beatles
12. A Little Too Late - Toby Keith
13. A Matter of Trust - Billy Joel
Who do you listen to?
I've seen this one done asking what's in your purse but I had to wonder if I actually HAD 13 things in my handbag. I was in luck.
1. Wallet - it is difficult to find one small enough to fit in this purse yet large enough to hold 2 sets of currency.
2. Cell phone - yes, it's pink. I saw it at the carphone warehouse and that was that. I know it's a bit outdated now but I've never been the one to have the top of the line mobile.
3. Car keys - I have a key to my car, my house, and my bowling locker. No, I do not have a key to my husbands car.
4. Church keys - if I could only have a calling/job at church that didn't require me to have keys.
5. Receipts - My husband is the Quicken King - he is also anal retentive so yes, every receipt gets handed in and entered in to the computer. At least I don't need to get a purchase order prior to my shopping.
6. Inhaler - Any parent of a child with asthma should have the same in their bag.
7. Mini Twix - You never know when you'll need a bit of chocolate.
8. Bank Card - for some reason this was in the side pocket instead of my wallet - no clue as to why but it worked for giving me 13 things.
9. Ipod - My cell phone is pink, my Ipod is green - I didn't want to turn in to my mother in law who has to have everything matching. All colors deserve equal time.
10. Hair clip - My daughter is always in need of something to clip the hair out of her face.
11. Tissues - I've had a mix of allergies and a cold lately.
12. Pen - That is a Napolean Dynomite pen to be exact! On the side it says "There's a whole lot more where that came from..."
13. Lipstick - I don't even WEAR lipstick but it's in there. It's even a decent shade and brand - none of that cheap stuff. My mother drilled it in my head that I should always carry lipstick - guess that was more important then telling me I should wear it? It's in the box because I've found it deters little fingers from twisting the entire tube of lipstick in to the lid.
--I do notice a small piece of gum wrapper in the picture as well but that doesn't count as a whole #14 does it?
It's not just the driving on the wrong side of the road that I've had to adjust to since moving here!!
1. Rubbish - can't we just call it trash?
2. Bin - the place where we put our rubbish. It's all rubbish to me.
3. Tip - Okay I'm on a roll with the rubbish but this is what we would call a dump. Not so much a landfill because it is just a parking lot full of dumpsters that you put the appropriate rubbish in.
4. Skip - Oh wait they aren't dumpsters - yep you guessed it.
5. Car Park - Ah hah! It is a parking lot.
6. Ring, to give someone a ring - I would prefer to just say I'm going to call you.
7. Mobile - more calling is done here but we Americans prefer cell phone.
8. Childminder - this is what Mel does - she's an in home daycare provider.
9. Non Iron - this one infuriates me because it took me 5 minutes to explain to a woman at the outlet mall that yes in fact when I say wrinkle free it means that I want a NON IRON shirt.
10. Chips/Crisps - I'll put these two together. Chips are French Fries and Crisps are Chips......are we running in circles yet?
11. Jacket Potato - just your averaged baked potato, however they have no russett potatoes in all of England and this is hardly acceptable when your husband is from Idaho!
12. Plaster - It's a freaking band-aid people. It isn't even made of plaster so how does that even make sense?
13. Biscuit - a biscuit is a cookie, I'm not sure what they call a biscuit - in fact I don't think I've ever seen a proper biscuit since I've been here.
And this concludes my Thursday 13 - we'll ignore the whole Mom/Mum thing because I've done that already.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)