Monday, June 25, 2007

Didn't Your Mother Teach You?

Didn't your mother teach you it isn't polite to tell secrets in front of other people. Don't you ever think that it is rude that while we are at dinner you lean over to your husband and whisper in his ear? Does it occur to you that while we are out at school events it is rude that in the middle of a conversation you turn to your wife and whisper something in her ear? Which one of you came to this relationship like this? Which one of your mother's didn't teach you how rude that was? And then, why has the other one picked up on this bad habit and let it continue? I am always in awe that it just doesn't phase you. That you think somehow this is acceptable. I'm sure you aren't whispering sweet nothings in eachother's ears. I'm never quite sure WHAT you're whispering about but I'm always sure that it is something that should either be said out loud or kept until the two of you are in private. It's been 3 years I've been putting up with the whispering. It is one thing about you I won't miss when you leave this summer!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My brother and sister-in-law started this very annoying habit when they got married. It drives my mother insane - - and, yeah, it bugs me too. Next time they do it, just say, really loud: "Oh, I think it's so cute that the two of you talk dirty to each other in public."

Mom not Mum (Sandy) said...

Good idea!