Tuesday, June 26, 2007

I'll think about it

Apparantly I must say this a lot in our little home. Yesterday Jordan was outside playing with some neighborhood friends and came in to ask me something. My response to her was "I'll think about it." She then went outside and I heard her say "She said NO, I told you she was going to say no!" I totally didn't say NO I said I was going to think about it. Crap, I think these kids have broken my code!

***Today we finally had sports day! It rained at the beginning but cleared up quickly. I refused to bring my umbrella - pretty sure that holding it would have given the rain a complete invitation to pour down. My superstition held out - and even though every other mom had an umbrella it did not pour. Jordan came 3rd in the jump rope race that she practiced so hard for and 1st in the egg on a spoon race. Woohoo her egg didn't fall off the spoon once!

5 comments:

MarmiteToasty said...

Yeah kids learn them codes pretty quick lol.......

WooooHoooooooo for Jordan (Pssttt we dont say jump rope :) we say skipping rope) ....

Our junior school sports day was cancelled today due to rubbish weather, hopefully it will be on Thursday....... say NO to brollies at sports days......... :)

x

Mom not Mum (Sandy) said...

I know it's skipping rope. LOL Before sports day she said "I need to practice my skipping" so I said "well then go skip" and then I was informed she needed a ROPE.

alisonwonderland said...

my phrase is "we'll see". my older daughter believes that means "no" - but my younger daughter believes it means "yes"! :o)

Anonymous said...

My phrase is,"Let me think about it too." My older one, believes it's NO, but the younger ones, it takes them awhile to realize I haven't answered their question yet. Gives me a little time to think about it too.

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

Is there any possibility she wanted you to say "no"? Sometimes kids don't want to do something their friends are after them for, and its easier to blame mom than to be the party pooper...