It's not just the driving on the wrong side of the road that I've had to adjust to since moving here!!
1. Rubbish - can't we just call it trash?
2. Bin - the place where we put our rubbish. It's all rubbish to me.
3. Tip - Okay I'm on a roll with the rubbish but this is what we would call a dump. Not so much a landfill because it is just a parking lot full of dumpsters that you put the appropriate rubbish in.
4. Skip - Oh wait they aren't dumpsters - yep you guessed it.
5. Car Park - Ah hah! It is a parking lot.
6. Ring, to give someone a ring - I would prefer to just say I'm going to call you.
7. Mobile - more calling is done here but we Americans prefer cell phone.
8. Childminder - this is what Mel does - she's an in home daycare provider.
9. Non Iron - this one infuriates me because it took me 5 minutes to explain to a woman at the outlet mall that yes in fact when I say wrinkle free it means that I want a NON IRON shirt.
10. Chips/Crisps - I'll put these two together. Chips are French Fries and Crisps are Chips......are we running in circles yet?
11. Jacket Potato - just your averaged baked potato, however they have no russett potatoes in all of England and this is hardly acceptable when your husband is from Idaho!
12. Plaster - It's a freaking band-aid people. It isn't even made of plaster so how does that even make sense?
13. Biscuit - a biscuit is a cookie, I'm not sure what they call a biscuit - in fact I don't think I've ever seen a proper biscuit since I've been here.
And this concludes my Thursday 13 - we'll ignore the whole Mom/Mum thing because I've done that already.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants