Change Is Hard
3 days ago
While I know it's the 100th Thursday 13 day I've just been way too busy this week to sit down at the computer and find 13 TT that I have really enjoyed. So - you're stuck with 13 Things I like about my kid's school.
1. Largest class has 14 students in it.
2. They have lots of play time.
3. During lunch they have a whole hour in which to eat, play, or join in a club - like choir, computers, or sports.
4. My son can take guitar lessons AT school.
5. My daughter was able to start school at 4. LOL
6. They learn all sorts of cool history. Ask my 7 year old about Romans and you'll get an ear full.
7. It is such a small school that every child knows everyone.
8. The grounds are beautiful. They have this gigantic tree called The Magic Tree that you can go inside and climb around.
This is Jared inside the tree.
9. They perform in all sorts of plays/musicals/speeches and every child participates.
10. They take a class called Religious Studies and learn about other religions each term. While I'm sure sometimes it is on a biased slant I still think it is important that they are able to learn basics of other religions.
11. They wear uniforms and I don't have to buy very many clothes for outside of school.
12. They get a lot of scattered holiday time with Term breaks and 1/2 term breaks - makes for visiting other countries/sites around here easy.
13. And my number 13? They go to school from 8:45-4:00!!!