I couldn't think of anything extremely interesting this week but came up with an idea while out at lunch with a friend. So, here is a list of 13 pubs around The Yorkshire Dales.
1. The Queen’s Head – our local pub. The pub you can walk in to and everyone knows your name.
2. The Royal Oak – best lunch menu out there and the home of the best sticky toffee pudding around!
3. The Shoulder of Mutton – went here just last week for a friend’s birthday. It was across the street from the next pub.
4. The Star and Garter – seriously what is that name all about?
5. The Old Station Inn – exactly what it says it is – an old train station.
6. The Squinting Cat – this is actually a kids play place – think crappy pub food with a ball pit.
7. The New Inn – these are all over the place. The best one we have found though is out in Appletreewick. They make a great Greek Burger and you can even watch the little lambs out in the pasture that will someday become a great Greek Burger.
8. The Black Sheep Brewery Pub – they have a pretty decent lunch menu and we even did the brewery tour once. Jordan absolutely hated the smell and let me tell you if you actually SAW how they made that beer it might make you think twice about drinking it.
9. The Craven Heifer – we drive by this one on the way to the airport – can’t help but love the name.
10. The Wellington – affectionately known as the Welly.
11. The George – my hubby was at the Queen’s Head once and they were discussing the best Sunday meal in all of Yorkshire – the owner of the Queen’s Head claims that they do the best meal. My dear hubby then asked “well is The George in Yorkshire?”
12. Guy Fawkes Arms – of the Gunpowder Plot fame. This little village of Scotton is one of the only ones that doesn’t celebrate Guy Fawkes night.
13. The Joiners Arms– From what I hear this is not a kid friendly establishment so I haven't been but we drive by it everyday on the way to school.
Snowmen- Bottoms Up!!!!
5 hours ago