Since living in England I have had to give up a lot of my favorite places to eat and shop. However, I've also done my share of online shopping. The downside is ordering things and not having them fit or look like you wanted them too. The upside is when it comes to Christmas shopping I get what I'm looking for and that's that - and if I order in good time it's all here and done early.
1. Eddie Bauer When I talk aobut things not fitting right this most often happens here though - while I have to pay shipping on returns it's still an easy process.
2. Old Navy I'm a jeans and t-shirt kind of person so this works for me. And I know that their clothes fit my children so that's a bonus.
3. The Gap I'm not a regular here but they will ship to me so that's good to know.
4. The Children's Place I don't often shop here as it's hard for me to tell from their pictures if the clothing is REALLY bright or not. I'm expecting a few things for Jordan any day now though.
5. JC Penney For all of our normal housewares. Of course when I needed mini blinds for the entire house they wouldn't ship them so I got those from Domestications.
6. Walmart Don't be taken in by their lower prices - their shipping usually makes it equal or more to other sites. They are also weird about shipping some electronics. I know a girl who ordered all her Christmas gifts before Thanksgiving and nothing came until January. Luckily I've never had that issue.
7. Target Actually I've only used this for sending things to people still IN the states. Target is notorious for letting me fill up my cart and then at the end telling me they won't ship 1/2 the stuff to my APO.
8. Best Buy All those electronics Walmart won't ship? Best Buy will!
9. Toys R Us Not sure if we've shopped there since they went from Amazon to just their own shop but I never had any complaints.
10. drugstore.com Great site - keeps a list of things you frequently purchase and we got our new sonic toothbrush here MUCH cheaper than anywhere else.
11. Discovery Store They have all those techie toys my husband likes getting the kids. We once got a defective product and they shipped us a new one right away.
12. Tiger Direct For all of your computer needs.
13. Tire Rack Yes, we even buy car tires online. They come within a week - usually 2 tires taped together with a label stuck on them.
I'll be glad when I can actually shop in person again. I should also clarify that we get paid in American dollars. There are plenty of places to shop on the economy but when it takes $2 to make 1pound you start realizing you're paying double for a lot of things and that's a bit rough on the pocketbook.
2 days ago