13 Innappropriate Uses For The Internet At My New Job!
1. Using Emoticons/Wallpaper/Screensavers. Apparantly these can give a nonprofessional look and could even be offensive to others. Okay - not everyone thinks my kids are as cute as I do so I won't turn them in to a screensaver.
2. Sending Personal E-mail. The work email is for WORK not for distributing jokes to our friends. My favorite part of this guideline is it says "sending out resumes" LOL guess finding another job is not work related.
3. Web Surfing. I wonder what I will do when the room is empty and all my paperwork is done?
4. Sending Chain Letters. Not something I normally do anyways so I think I can handle that.
5. Listening to Internet Radio. I guess this isn't very professional, could be offensive and takes up network bandwith. I don't normally listen to the radio on the computer anyways.
6. Using Instant Messengers. I guess this can open the computer up to hackers and also can reduce levels of productivity.
7. Chatting. Same as #6.
8. Playing Computer Games. This takes up too much bandwidth and once again reduces productivity. Guess I'll have to keep my Pogo at home.
9. Downloading Movies/Music. I guess this can open up the computer to viruses and all of that. Plus it uses up harddrive space and can decrease internet speed.
10. Storing Personal Data. Once again it uses storing your resume as an example. I'm wondering if there is an ongoing problem here of people looking for a new job??
11. Generating Spam. Good thing I didn't put on my application that I once worked for a woman who did just that - she was a spammer.
12. Keeping Confidential Material Confidential. Probably why I can't send spam and all those personal emails using the things I have on the computer.
13. Destroying Equipment. Hmm so you think destroying the computer would be considered inappropriate use?
Hey did anybody see anything about blogs in there? I didn't. LOL
And for the record - this TT was completely composed at home.
5 days ago