Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Where did all this junk come from???

We are in massive house cleaning mode. There are 3 piles - keep it, toss it, donate it! It's starting to look like our keep it piles are the smallest of the three. I really don't know WHERE or HOW we managed to get so much stuff over the last four years. The biggest culprite is my 8 year old. The boy is a packrat. He keeps EVERYTHING! My mom was here in February and I'm sure we filled a trash bag with things from J8's room and today I filled another. Rocks, sticks, pencils, erasers, rubber snakes, hotwheels and the list goes on and on. Oh I forgot to mention LEGOS. I don't know if I have found a nook or cranny that didn't contain a lego or two. Once again - I will return when I've dug myself out from under the hefty bags!

3 comments:

Gerb said...

I feel your pain...I try to go through our house at least twice a year with the mentality of: "If we were moving next week, would I pack this?" Good luck with everything!

alisonwonderland said...

we've been in our current house for nearly fourteen years - and just last night i was thinking that maybe the best approach to getting rid of all the junk was to burn the place to the ground and start over! :)

good luck with your hefty bags!

Anna Maria Junus said...

Hang in there. I admire you for being a thrower outer. I have trouble with that.