Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Deal

My mom was here last week and when we stopped for lunch before I took her to the airport to go home she put an offer on the table. I've been wanting to lose weight for a while. In fact there were 2 New Years in a row that I joked that my resolution was to become anorexic. I don't need comments about how insensitive that is and all that other stuff. I'm not really choosing to have an eating disorder to lose weight. And anyways, it obviously didn't happen, so you can relax. So, after trying to figure out what would REALLY motivate me an offer came. A deal was made. (Doesn't hurt that I saw my picture on two different blogs and that might have encouraged me just enough!)

The deal: lose 20 pounds before my cousins wedding May 15th and get a $500 shopping spree for a new wardrobe.

Now I'm not a style maven and I'm pretty much most comfortable in a pair of jeans and a t-shirt but those things wear out too. So - we'll see how the next few months go and what kind of fun things I can buy.

So, I now have to figure out how to get this done. I can't run because I have a bad knee. A floating patella - if you want to see it I'll show you sometime. Haha. Mainly I think I need to start on my diet. Cutting out the soda, the junky snacks and the second helpings. I'm also hoping to go pick up an elliptical from a friend who doesn't use hers. Just have to find someone with a truck to pick it up for us and then I'll be on my way to a skinnier me.

2 comments:

Mindi said...

Okay Sandy, I think you are referring to the scout picture. Don't be so hard on yourself. It is the shirt. They so much of a box. Good luck on finding something that you can enjoy and get exercise from!!

Amazed said...

Yesterday was my one month anniversary. No soda, no eating anything rich and fattening, no eating after 6:00. Only eating protein and good carbs (so far only vegetables and a couple of fruits a day.) I've lost at least 15 pounds of butter (what I lovingly refer to pounds.) Will your mom adopt me? I need a new wardrobe! Good luck on YOU!