Saturday, February 23, 2008

Party Party Party!

Well, the party was a success. Of course, since it wasn't completely thought out that did lead to a few hurdles. I sent out invitations saying I would pick the girls up from school at 4:00 - um I work until 4pm on Friday. Ooops. Luckily since it was Friday it wasn't a problem to leave a few minutes early to get to the school. Then I loaded up my car with 4 girls and 2 boys - since I had to pick up the boys too - and headed to the bowling alley. We had a great time bowling and the girls all got along with eachother just fine. One of the little girls had never bowled before and she was sooo afraid of the ball. She would take the ball, drop it on the lane and quickly cover her ears. After a few attempts we got a ramp and things went smoother. I think everyone had a good time and Jordan was happy so that was good.

Of course one party per weekend is not enough for us so today we had the Blue and Gold Dinner for cub scouts. I wasn't in charge of the event so that was good - no stress on my part. Our cubmaster is an absolute loser though and he was in prime form tonight. He actually received an award and wasn't even in the room for the presentations because he was out having a smoke. Rumor has it he is going to be "removed" from his post in the next week so that should give me something to blog about. He handed out all of these awards that nobody even KNEW about and neglected giving awards to people who should have also been recognized. Nothing like having an event where people walk away totally offended. Hopefully we can fix it all and we don't lose any more families. In the end though the night was good - good food, good location, all that stuff.

5 comments:

Maribeth said...

Sounds like everyone had a good time and that you survived!

KC said...

Sounds like the birthday party went over really well.. UGH about the cub scout awards, but hopefully you will have a much better leader soon.

Fourier Analyst said...

Told you so!! Sorry about your scoutmaster. Sometimes I wonder who it is that screens these folks that we are trusting to set examples for our children!

Christie O. said...

Glad the party went well!!! Looking forward to hearing about the smoker! hahaha!

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

Glad you had a nice time!Happy Birthday Jordan!